obiwan
Word Choice and Sentence Meaning Thank you for your time! I am encountering an problem and having different opinion with my friend. 1. What is rational for each person acting unilaterally might not be best ( ) all to act in concert. A. for B. if C. were D. When I think the answer should be when, which means what is best for one person while acting is not the best for everyone when they play together. However, my friend thinks it should be for, be best for all, means good to everyone. I think i am right but i cant persuade him since I am not a native speaker. Can someone help me with it? Thank you very much!
Sorry, "when" is not correct. It can only make sense if the sentence reads "when all act in concert", but you have "to" there. "For" is not correct either. Hint: there's a second conditional in the sentence.
Hello Obiwan: Your use of the term "rational" is confused. Reason does not have "for each person" as its basis. That is why syllogisms have nothing to do with specific persons. Syllogisms are independent of persons. .