Trista
Community Tutor
Did you ever hear a song called"Y.M.C.A"? Recently in China ,this song became very popular.
9
0
It is particularly fascinating when this song becomes popular in an atheist country like China. Trista, read the lyrics. It is a call to the House of God. For example: Young man, I was once in your shoes.  I said, I was down and out with the blues.  I felt no man cared if I were alive.  I felt the whole world was so tight ...  That's when someone came up to me,  And said, young man, take a walk up the street.  There's a place there called the Y.M.C.A. They can start you back on your way.  source: http://www.lyricsondemand.com/ It is also a gay anthem. Many straight people and atheists, however, like the song too and are not bothered by the lyrics. Or they don't think about the lyrics and just like the song and dance.
Yes, I remember it well. In fact, it is one of my favourite songs. It's brilliant for karaoke! I always dance to it, and wish I were in fancy dress. Have you seen the clothes The Village People wear? Great!
"Have you ever heard a song called 'Y.M.C.A'?" Use "have you ever...?" when asking about a person's experience up to now. Yes, I have. Have you learnt the dance moves yet? :)
It is a very old song,but I remember it well.
In the States, it's a gay anthem from the 1970s. Very dance-able. You owe it to yourself to checkout an original video performance by the Village People.
Trista
Chinese (Mandarin), English, Japanese