Shawn
Comment dit-on "(in order) to buy her a coffee" en français? I am trying to say "I have to go to Starbucks (in order) to buy her a coffee." in French but I am not sure where to place the object pronoun "her", etc. Can someone give me the translation of this? Is this all that far off? Je dois aller à Starbucks pour acheter un café. <--- but where does "her" go? Thanks for your help!
10
0
You were very close my friend! Je dois aller à Starbucks pour lui acheter un café Peace! Remi
Object pronouns always go right before the verb - the "main" verb, the one related to the pronoun you're trying to place. You're BUYING the coffee for her, so "lui" (= for her) goes right before "acheter". Simple? :)
Je dois aller a Starbucks pour lui acheter un cafe .. It doesn't matter here whether its her or him, you have to use "lui" ;)
Shawn
Danish, English, French, Gaelic (Irish), German, Greek, Italian, Japanese, Russian
Danish, Gaelic (Irish), German, Italian, Japanese, Russian