emar
vet consultory What do you call the vet " office" ? Is it consultory ?
3
0
In the US we take our pets to the vet, the vet's, the veterinarian, or the veterinary clinic(this sounds long and formal to me), but not usually the veterinary.
I take my dogs to the veterinary clinic/surgery. That's here in England. We usually say, " I'm going to the vets' " (or vet's if there is only one vet there) Or, "I have to take my dog to the vet." When you are there you have a consultation.
"I'm taking my dog to the vet." Literally, of course, that means I am taking the dog to a person, not to a building or office or practice. We might say "the vet's office called to let us know the heartworm test was negative." In the United States, there are "veterinary clinics" and "animal hospitals." There is actually a distinction between them, but few people know what it is and use the two interchangeably.
emar