小二的歌
I encountered a sentence and need your help.Thx. I open my filing cabinet and take out two files and a manila envelope that has the information I need in them. I got the sentence from ESLPod.com. My question is why the author use "has" behind " two files and a manila envelope"and do not you think the usage "has"and the last word"them"are contradictory? Please help me get out of there.Thank you in advance.
Nov 4, 2014 6:03 AM
4
0
Has accurately has this learner copied the material? How good or reliable is that podcast site? These are interesting questions to ponder.
Actually, yes, it is contradictory. I don't know why the author put "has" instead of "have" after "manila envelope". The author could have also used "it" instead of "them" at the end of the sentence. Maybe this is different between different English dialects? In standard American English, those words are contradictory. Nice catch!
小二的歌