Chaima
what is the diffrent between soul & spirit
7 de nov de 2014 21:44
7
0
That depends. Sometimes the words are used to mean the same thing. Sometimes they are used to mean different things. It depends on context. Here is how I explain it to people: Soul, as a general term, refers to the innermost part of a person--the sum of all the abstract things that cannot be physically measured or touched, like character, personality, feelings, wisdom. The spirit, on the other hand, is the part of a person which communicates to the spiritual realm just like the body communicates to the physical realm. This is why Jesus said that a person must be "born of the Spirit" before that person can "see the kingdom of God." This is the basic difference. However, the lines are not always so clear cut. In normal conversation, it is the same thing to say that a person's spirit is in heaven or that a person's soul is in heaven. Sometimes soul or spirit is used to mean the same thing as "heart." "That really spoke to my heart," or "That really spoke to my soul," or "That really spoke to my spirit" could all be taken to mean exactly the same thing. Overall, even if you are a native English speaker, you usually have to use context to know exactly what the person is referring to. You may even have to ask, depending on the conversation. Otherwise, in a more formal discussion of philosophy or religion, the above definitions will usually apply. I hope this helps!
8 de Noviembre de 2014
soul = âme spirit = esprit We say, "Praise my soul the King of Heaven" and not "Praise my spirit the King of Heaven". We say, "the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit" and not "the Father, the Son and the Holy Soul". A good way of getting to grips with these terms is to attend an Anglican church for Sunday service for a year.
7 de Noviembre de 2014
Are you sure persistent vegetative state with emotional spirit or immoral soul?
8 de Noviembre de 2014
Chaima
Arabic, English