Allen Yu
it occurred to me It occurred to me that I forgot your birthday. It had occurred to me that I forgot your birthday. It has occcurred to me that I forgot your birthday. The first sentence means I suddenly have thought something at present. The first sentence means I describe the situation happend in the past,In the past, I remembered something. Does the sentence have the same meaning as the third one? Can someone explain those sentences for me, thank you for helping me.
2
0
Do not use any of these sentences. They are not how English is written or spoken. Just say, "I have just realised that I forgot your birthday."
It occurred to me that I forgot your birthday.-Past simple expresses that a action was completed at a specific time in the past. You forgot at a specific time in the past. It had occurred to me that I forgot your birthday.-Past Perfect expresses the idea that something occurred before another action in the past. We usually use "had" with the action that happened first (you forgot then it occurred to you), so we would say: It occurred to me that I had forgotten your birthday. It has occurred to me that I forgot your birthday. - Present Perfect to say that an action happened at an unspecified time before now or a past event that has present consequences.. Perhaps you forgot sometime in the past but it's relevant now because you've just seen the person's whose birthday it was and feel bad.
Allen Yu