X-Man
about "朝 夕"? hi everyone! i'm just curious..how do you use the adverb 朝 夕("daily",or "from the morning to the night" if i'm not mistaken)in a sentence?and how often you happen to use it?
Dec 8, 2007 11:30 AM
5
1
It is more of an older phrase and would be used more in writing than in speaking. Usually, it is used in love letters and poems, etc. For example, "朝夕相处" A girl could tell her boyfriend with anger, 我与你朝夕相处, 你对我的认识还不及他那个外人呢! I am with you daily. (However,) Your knowledge of me could not even match him, a stranger!
December 8, 2007
It can mean either a very short time, or all the time, depending on the context. For example, 朝夕相對 means to be together all the time. But in Mao Zedong's poem, "一萬年太久,只爭朝夕 ", or in the phrases/chengyu "朝花夕拾"/"朝令夕改", it means a short period of time. It is not as commonly used as terms like apple, tea, etc, but it is in many people's vocabulary.
December 8, 2007
In my opinion,"朝夕" can be used as an adj. It also means you accompany sb. everyday, living with sb. we don not often use this word in our daily life or in oral instead we use it in writing and it is formal. eg: when sb get married, he and his wife live together. You can use “朝夕”(朝夕相处)
December 8, 2007
I think you can think its meaning is 'every minute'
December 11, 2007
"朝"means morning,and "夕"means the time when the sun fall. "朝夕相对"中的"朝夕"  means almost every day.倘若这俩个字同时出现在一起作为 词语,一般指时间的长久.
December 10, 2007
X-Man
Chinese (Mandarin)