yhfly917
could you please give me some advices on "1min self-introduction"? The introduction is about an english interview, talking about our career plan or ideal work. Then i shall present my strength why I am suitable for the job. Thank you for your help.
Nov 25, 2014 7:34 AM
1) REHEARSE. Have a friend listen to you. The pressure of having someone listen to you, even a friend, will make the real situation seem less unfamiliar. 2) MAKE A VIDEO OF YOURSELF. Watch it. Brace yourself, you won't look as good as you think you do--but it will help you A LOT.
you can probably find advice online. maybe search for 'elevator pitch'. i'd say that you should work backwards. start from what they want to hear (your career plan), and organize everything in order to clearly convey a few important things. one minute is a short amount of time, but you should work on it and remove all the unnecessary parts so each word has meaning and contributes to your goal to portray yourself in a certain way. :)
Hi! I'm Jason in New York, USA. If you need help with spoken English, I am happy to help you. I also like to just make new friends all over the world. If you want, add me to QQ: 1990992857 Thanks and take care! --- Jason
yhfly917
Chinese (Mandarin), Chinese (Other), English, Japanese