Hola, alguien que pueda ayudarme con la traduccion.
The first Dutch outpost in New Netherlands was established at Fort Orange (now Albany) in 1964. It became a depot of the fur trade. But the most important settlement was built at the southern tip of the island of Manhatan, whic commanded the great harbor at the mouth of the Hudson and East Rivers. Peter Minuit, the first governor general of New Netehrlands, “purchased” the island from the Canarsie Indians. However, the Canarsie might be described as tourists from Brooklyn, and Minuit had to make a later payment to the group that actually resided there. In 1626, engineers from the Netherlands arrived in Manhattanites. The fort became the nucleus of the town of New Amsterdam. Soon Manhattan had its first skyline: the solid outline of the fort, the flagstaff flying the Dutch flag, the silhouette of a giant windmill, and the mast s of trading ships.