Junior
meaning what does "zoo-wee mama"mean?(๑• . •๑)
Dec 3, 2014 6:49 AM
I think it's most likely an exclamation that means "wow!" My son reads the "Wimpy Kid" series and as the books are popular among 8-12 year-old boys, I sincerely doubt it has anything to do with Zooey Deschanel or the book Bruce suggested. If you tell me which book it's in and what page, I can raid my son's bookshelf and check it out.
December 3, 2014
It seems that Alexis Nelson's book title, “Zooey Mama Special Like Me” is a way of showing how the daughter speaks. It is a very "childlike" way of speaking and thinking. It shows the difficulty of the daughter. So, when the sentence is used by others, it is self-referential or self-deprecating. It suggests that we are "developmentally disabled". Adults sometimes adopt this Baby-Like manner of speech to express themselves. For example, I might say to my companion; "Me hungry!" or "Bruce Hungry". Also, in the comedy movie, "Blazing Saddles" several of the characters voice lines in this same manner. Example: "Mongol says; "Mongol like Sherriff Bart!" It imitates precisely the kind of developmental disability that author and mother, Alexis Nelson refers to. I might also say to adopt the same disabled communication style; "Bruce like Junior. Junior Bruce's friend.." It is a fact that people from English speaking countries often play games with their language. They will adopt any expression that they want to get a laugh.
December 3, 2014
It's a comic strip from the series "diary of a wimpy kid"
December 3, 2014
There are also other movies which exemplify this developmentally disabled and childlike pattern of speech. In the movie "Short Circuit" (1986) http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0091949/ A robot is portrayed in exactly the same manner of a "disabled development." The speech patterns the Robot, "Number 5" expresses when it talks, is a direct mimicking of that speech pattern. It is a ME---LIKE---YOU kind of thing. .
December 3, 2014
My searches show that it is a quote from the book/movie "Diary of a Wimpy Kid" "Zooey Momma" seems to be the correct spelling. It might be a reference to movie actress "Zooey Deschanel". It also may be derived from a book: "Zooey Mama Special Like Me!" Paperback by Alexis Nelson http://www.amazon.com/Zooey-Mama-Special-Like-Me/dp/1491857706/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1417592631&sr=8-1-fkmr0&keywords=%E2%80%9CZooey+Mama+Special+Like+Me%E2%80%9D " Nelson wrote “Zooey Mama Special Like Me” as a way to get people to celebrate the difference in children. She said, “I want to help parents to understand that if a child is different because of a weight problem, their skin color or anything else that makes them feel different they should encourage them.” Nelson’s daughter has special needs which causes her to have speech and developmental delays. She has taught her sign language. The book expressed many of her daughter’s feelings. She said, “In the book the story is told in her eyes and in her perspective. She says “Mommy and Daddy say that special is good’.” Nelson said that the book is uplifting and sends the message that she wants to get across. “She cannot communicate the way we do, but she knows how to use an IPad, she likes for me to read to her and she does a lot of things with her brothers,” she said."----read more @ http://www.garycrusader.com/gary/News-Detail.aspx?typeID=4&newsID=5219&CityID=2 So it may be that the Kid in "Diary of a Wimpy Kid" is referring to his mother as a "Zooey Momma" which is to say, the kind of mother that is kind and understanding about the developmental difficulties that her child has. It can be understood I think, as a way of speaking affectionately of one's own mother. If I say my mother is a "Zooey Momma" (or "Mama") I am saying that she is loving and understanding of my special needs as a child. . [Anybody else know?]
December 3, 2014
Junior