Jay96
what is the difference between tener and haber in spanish?
Dec 5, 2014 12:00 AM
"Tener" is a verb that means "to own", "to have" or "to possess". "Haber" is mainly used for indicating something is at a place, similar to "there is/are". Then, it is also used as an auxiliary verb for compound tenses, similar like when you use "have + verb participle. Both can be used to indicate you need / have to do something, but the form "hay" of haber is impersonal. Examples: I have two children. = Tengo dos niños (hijos). I have raised two children. = He críado a dos niños (hijos) (he = form of haber) There are two children. = Hay dos niños. (hay = form of haber) We must leave now = Tenemos que irnos ya (subject: we) = Hay que irse ya (subject: impersonal)
December 5, 2014
Tener: to have Haber: there is / there are Take care, Alejo.
December 5, 2014
Tener- you have, she has, I have etc. Haber- there's there are
December 5, 2014
Tener and Haber both mean 'To Have' but different meanings. For example: "I HAVE 3 cars" and "I HAVEN'T purchased a car yet" both use the word "Have" but the sense of the word is different. "Haven't" is a compound word that when apart is "Have not"...
December 5, 2014
Jay96
Spanish