Jennifer
If someone points your shortcoming directly,what will you do ?
Dec 6, 2014 3:05 AM
anyway ,say thanks and smile .
December 6, 2014
"Points out". Be truly grateful and say, "Thank you so much. That is very kind of you. Now I can correct the error and improve myself.
December 6, 2014
I have a fair confidence that I can usually guess when somebody is sincere. So if I get sincerity and /good will of being of help in his words, I feel gratitude, and will remember those words. Actually sometimes my big ego interferes with the process I just described, so only after some time I recognize the situation as acceptable and 'workable' (to be acted on).
December 9, 2014
I would be quick to admit a fault. In fact, I would make a habit of it. From another viewpoint however, some people make a habit of finding fault in others, and such people can be given an appropriate correction when opportunity permits. All people are subject to correction. Much of our understanding has to do with the context in the correction is given. Criticism is not something I worry about. I do worry about being unwilling to admit a fault and change behavior.
December 6, 2014
You can also tell them you will think about it, and change topic/leave, so you aren't put on the spot.
December 6, 2014
Jennifer