YUKO
could you tell me about it? Q. Could you tell me whether each sentence (a) to (d) is no problem or not? Could you choose one among choices below. ok it might be possible but strange grammatically wrong never say like this. a. He knew Conrad had told him the truth. It was so. Yet it wasn’t so because it couldn’t be so. b. He knew Conrad had told him the truth. It was so. However, it wasn’t so. It wasn’t so because it couldn’t be so. c. He knew Conrad had told him the truth. It was so. Nevertheless, it wasn’t so. It wasn’t so because it couldn’t be so. d. He knew Conrad had told him the truth. It was so. And it wasn’t so. It wasn’t so because it couldn’t be so.
Dec 9, 2007 1:53 PM
1
0
It's hard to answer with those three choices (it might be possible but strange, etc). I suggest: "Yet it just didn't seem possible" or something like that. I think it's probably gramatically correct, but it doesn't make sense. How can the truth be "not so"?
December 11, 2007
YUKO
English, Japanese, Korean