Community Web Version Now Available
Zilong Li
What do you call the seasoning bags that come with instant noodles? My Australian friend told me they are called "sachets". But according to Wikipedia, the term sachet refers to scented bag. What do you normally call seasoning bags (check the link below if you are not sure what I'm referring to), and tell where are you from. Thank you. Instant noodles seasoning bags: Scented bags:
May 31, 2015 12:08 AM
Answers · 5
I always heard them referred to as "flavor packets"
May 31, 2015
Soup packet or seasoning packet is adequate enough
May 31, 2015
I would just call it "the seasoning" or "the seasoning bag", I don't have any specific word for it.
May 31, 2015
A sachet is probably British English for a VERY small packet of food, most commonly those little sachets of sugar you have in a hotel for your coffee. Sachet is a good word for it. I would call it a sachet of flavouring.
May 31, 2015
Zilong Li
Language Skills
Chinese (Mandarin), English, German, Korean, Spanish
Learning Language