海宝2010
what does "belly up"mean? Stoney shot out a hand. “I knew your grandpa—you got his eyes. We had some adventures together back a ways. Some long ways.” “Eli, why don’t you keep Stoney company while I get these drinks served?” “Sure.” Due to the current lack of a stool, Eli leaned on the bar. “Can I buy you a drink?” “Looks like I’ve got one here. Belly up, boy, and I’ll buy you one. You know your grandpa and I both had our eye on the same girl once upon a time.”
3
0
You should also know "belly up" is used to refer to someone/something dying usually in aquatic situations. It refers to how when fish die, they flop over "belly up" and float to the top.
It's a colloquial expression meaning come up to the bar for a drink. If you move up to the bar to drink, your belly will touch the bar. Hence the expression.
海宝2010