mayllt
what does "plumbing license" and "handy hand"mean? “You’ve lived here all your life.” “Ayah. I was born here, figuring on dying here in another twenty, thirty years.” He grinned over the dregs of his beer. “I did a lot of work in Bluff House over the years. Been retired awhile, but when Hester got it in her head to refit that room up on the second floor for a gym, she brought the plans to me to look over. I’m glad she’s doing better. Whiskey Beach isn’t the same without her in Bluff House.” “It’s not. You know the house pretty well.” “I’d say as well as those who’ve lived there. Did some plumbing for them on the side. No plumbing license, but I’ve got handy hands. Always did.”
1
0
"plumbing license" - suggests that you need a license to be a plumber. In the UK you don't need a license to operate as a plumber. I don't know where you need to be. "handy hands" - he is good with his hands, a practical person who can fix things. A handyman is always good with his hands. I always keep a penknife handy - I always keep a penknife close at hand. My penknife often comes in handy - I often find a use for my penknife.
mayllt