Yujia Wong
Does this sentence sound natural? If I strive for my goals, then my dreams won't be far away.
4
0
Nancy, the grammar of the sentence is correct and people will understand what you mean by it. However, to me, the it doesn't sound entirely natural and I don't expect an English-speaking person to say such sentence. That is because what people normally say is: "my dreams will come true", "my dreams will be achieved", "my dreams will be realized"... If you think about it, it is not the "dreams" whcih are closer or farther away in time, but the "fulfillment of those dreams", which is closer or farther away.
"If I strive for my goals, then my dreams won't be far away". Yes it sounds natural. More as a written sentence, than a spoken one. Often speech is much less formal in English. It is correct though.
Yujia Wong
Chinese (Mandarin), English, Spanish