Michael
How do you pronounce English words in Spanish? Hi, I was reding some books by Paco Ardit and I noticed that he uses lots of English words: youtube, facebook, twitter, hacker, etc. How do you pronounce them in Spanish? The same was as in English, or are there any rules in pronouncing these words? Thanks!
9
0
The majority pronounce all of these words like in English, or at least we try. If you're reading aloud, just remember to pronounce our characteristic strong "t" and "r" sounds. These and other phonetical differences between the both languages make the difference, and this can apply to all foreign words adopted by Spanish, that's why I said "at least we try" Hope ir helps!
In Spanish the words "youtube", "facebook", "twitter" and "hacker" are pronounced as in English.
I agree with DavidM. WIFI is another example. We say WIFI as a Spanish word, but Facebook as an English word. There's no a rule.
It's depends. And there is not a single rule. For instance "Spiderman" is pronounced as "/espiderman/". "Youtube" is mainly pronounced like "/yutube/" (at least in Spain). There is not a single rule.
Knockout?
Michael
English, Russian, Spanish
Spanish