wisekimi
How to make a question out of this statement? I am having difficulty making a question out of this statement. "A few years ago I read a book about how to get rid of unnecessary possessions." I am trying to ask what the book, which the author read a few years ago, was about. All the variations I can make are as below: a. What book did the author read a few years ago? b. What kind of a book did the author read a few years ago? c. About what did the author read in a book a few yeas ago? But they don't seem to tell exactly what I am going to say. Can any one tell me a better way of constructing such a question?@Tyler: I am a teacher and I want the students to read a passage and answer some questions about the passage.
4
1
What was the subject of the book the author read a few years ago? I think that is clear.
What was the book about, that the author read a few years ago? This is a book that the author read. What's it about?
Can I say this way? What was the book, which the author read a few years ago, about? What was the book about, the one the author read a few years ago?
Who would you be asking? That may help me understand that you are trying to ask.
wisekimi
Chinese (Mandarin), English, German, Japanese, Korean