Dasshkniki
School is important, but what do you think about it ????? "And they made school as demon bidden them to do it. A child likes nature, so they surrounded him with 4 walls. He couldn't exist without any motion and they compelled him to motionless. He enjoys crafting bye, but they taught him to theories and ideas. He likes to speak, so they commanded him to be silent. He wanted to understood smth by himself, but they bidden him to had it off. He would like to find new knowledge by himself but they gave him ready-made knowledge. As result children've learned some things, That they would never know in other conditions. They learned to lie and feign" Adolf Feryer (the beginning of XX century, Switzerland)
5 giu 2015 11:42
1
0
Some of it is just growing up.... "Shades of the prison-house begin to close/Upon the growing boy." Two stanzas from William Wordsworth, "Intimations of Immortality from Recollections of Early Childhood" http://www.bartleby.com/145/ww331.html There was a time when meadow, grove, and stream, The earth, and every common sight, To me did seem Apparelled in celestial light, The glory and the freshness of a dream. It is not now as it hath been of yore;-- Turn wheresoe'er I may, By night or day, The things which I have seen I now can see no more.... Heaven lies about us in our infancy! Shades of the prison-house begin to close Upon the growing Boy, But He beholds the light, and whence it flows, He sees it in his joy; The Youth, who daily farther from the east Must travel, still is Nature's Priest, And by the vision splendid Is on his way attended; At length the Man perceives it die away, And fade into the light of common day.
5 giugno 2015
Dasshkniki
English, German, Polish, Russian
English, German, Polish