Brigi
차이점은 무엇입니까? "very" words 아주, 완전히, 매우, 꽤, 정말,너무 These words are all reported to be "very". Can you provide examples letter, which is used when? 감사합니다!
5
0
A lot of times 너무 has negative connotation. So like "I ate too much (나 너무 많이 먹었어)" or "That's too small (그건 너무 작아)" or "She's just too good and that's the problem (그 여자는 너무 잘해서 탈이야)". 꽤 is to describe something that's less than perfect. "Yeah, sure, he's pretty good at playing piano too (그래. 그 남자도 피아노 꽤 잘치지)." 정말 is like what Pedro said, "really". "Really? Are you serious? (정말? or you can also say 진짜? 진심이야?)" or "I really shouldn't have done this. (나 정말 이거 하는 게 아니었어)" Again, like what Pedro said, 아주 & 매우 are like "very". But 아주 is used more in conversation and 매우 more in written form. You can use them interchangeably and that's not a problem at all but I see 매우 more in written form. So like different levels of spicy 떡복이 or 순두부찌개 on menu can be described as 매운맛 & 매우 매운맛. 완전히 means completely. "I've finished the task completely (나 그 일 완전히 다 끝냈어)" But nowadays a lot of young people use 완전 좋아 to say "Really good". I don't think it's grammatically correct but it's commonly use among young people. Hope it helps :)
That is a good question. I think 정말 is better translated as "really" 너무, 아주, 매우 i use as "very" but don't know well the difference 완전히, 꽤 i haven't seen yet :( Waiting for the answers too
Brigi
Chinese (Mandarin), English, Hungarian, Korean
Chinese (Mandarin), Korean