Alfredo Mora
what are the uses of " To" ?
8
0
To 1. In the direction of:....... Turn to the right / Drive to the north. 2. Destination:................ I am going to Rome. 3. Until:......................... from Monday to Friday / five minutes to ten 4. Compared with:.......... They prefer cricket to soccer 5. With indirect object:.... Please give it to me / give something to someone. 6. As part of infinitive:..... I like to ski / he wants to help. 7. In order to/purpose...... We went to the store to buy soap.
It can be used for expressing motion or direction toward a point, person, place, or thing approached and reached, as opposed to "from". Example sentence: "They came to the house." Yes, I used and exact dictionary definition... Here are some more example sentences, though: "I'm going TO the store." "He hates TO dance." "Where did you go TO?" "I went from here TO there." Hope this made some sort of sense.
This can be looked up very easily: http://www.thefreedictionary.com/to
Alfredo Mora