Scott
What are your tips for a beginner native English speaker learning Spanish? Hi all. I am just starting to learn Spanish and was wondering if anyone has any tips for what are most beneficial learning methods. (books, videos, Skype sessions, etc). What has helped you the most?? I took a Spanish course when I was younger and grew up in South Florida so I know some basic words but not nearly enough to hold a conversation, so almost starting from square one. Thanks! Scott
5
0
Learn like a child. Be pragmatic, learn what you need to know by asking verbally. Be inquisitive and ask for what you need. Look, listen and learn; then you go to school to learn the grammar. Child's play!!!
Hi, I want to practice English because it's very important in Colombia for anyone job. I was teacher of Spanish in high school, I would help you with grammar. If you want, you can call me in Skype jimena.posada and you help me with my English
I think that the more input you have from the language, the faster and more effective you learn. Whenever I learn a language, I often listen to (for example) spanish music or watch spanish movies. You might not understand everything, but you might pick up a few words. Hope this helped a little :D
¡Gracias!
Just try not to study grammar ( I´m not joking), at least in the beginning, make a list with the basic questions and answers (both in Spanish) like What is your name? where do you live? and other daily-life questions. make a list with the 20-30 most common verbs (you can analyze which ones from english) Make a list with the most common conjunctions try to connect two or more phrases with the conjunctions... Enjoy!
Scott
Spanish