Marina
What does it mean "the audience is the best judge of what it wants to see"? This sentence is in my textbook. But I can't understand its meaning. Does it mean "the audience does good judgment"?
4
0
Let me give an example of how this phrase could be used. "In the United States, before 1968, the 'Hays office' censored movies. They were the judges of what moviegoers could or could not see. Then the MPAA ratings system was adopted. Now, movies can show almost anything, but a rating warns moviegoers about adult content. This is a better system, because the audience is the best judge of what it wants to see."
it means that the audience know what they like and don't like to watch. They do not need to be told by someone else what is good or bad. They are smart enough to choose for themselves. Hope this helps!
Marina
Chinese (Mandarin), English, Japanese