David
How to say ? > " They HAVE PLAYED ... " or " " They ARE PLAYING... " Thanks " They HAVE PLAYED for 2 hours , I'd like them to go home now. " or " They ARE PLAYING for 2 hours , I'd like them to go home now. " Thank you
4
0
Neither is correct - you should say : "They have been playing ....." You could research the grammar of the present perfect continuous tense. We don't separate independent clauses with commas. Use a full stop, colon (this would be good here) or a semi-colon.
They HAVE BEEN PLAYING for 2 hours.I'd like them to go home now. (HAVE/HAS + BEEN + VERB+ING ) is present perfect continuous. We use the Present Perfect Continuous to show that something started in the past and has continued up until now. "For five minutes," "for two weeks," and "since Tuesday" are all durations which can be used with the Present Perfect Continuous.
David
English, French, Japanese, Spanish
English, Japanese, Spanish