Carmen
Sentences with new vocabulary Hello everyone, I have learned new words and I tried to make sentences but I want to know if they are correct. give your opinion, please and correct me if I need it. I am going to run by you the next sentences: 1. Going to universidad nacional autonoma de México is big for me. I was accepted the last week and I am going to move to mexico city in August, 4th. 2. Hope to hear from you "pull up a chair don't be a stranger" 3. I have listened to Jhon Newman song and I have a one track mind now. 4. I used to be angry with my friend because she always cover hers tracks. 5. I woke up late on sunday but I did my activities back on track anyaway. hope to recieve your opinion about my setences! have a nice day! thank you :)
7 de Jun de 2015 às 23:40
2
0
Hi Carmen! Here's some feedback on your sentences: 1. Going to universidad nacional autonoma de México is big for me. I was accepted the last week and I am going to move to mexico city in August, 4th. Correction: Going to Universidad Nacional Autonoma de México is big for me (OR: is a big deal for me). I was accepted (no "the") last week and I am going to move to Mexico City on August 4th. - Remember to capitalize the names of the university and city. - Michael is correct that you should say "on" if you are referring to a specific date in the month. 2. Hope to hear from you "pull up a chair don't be a stranger" Correction: Hope to hear from you. Don't be a stranger. - It is more typical to just say "Don't be a stranger" in this case (without "pull up a chair"). - A situation where you might say "pull up a chair" is, for example, if someone comes into the room where you are sitting in and you want them to join you. Then you can say: "Pull up a chair." (Or you might say: "Have a seat" if there is already an empty chair they can sit in at the table). 3. I have listened to Jhon Newman song and I have a one track mind now. Correction: I listened to a Jhon Newman song and I have a one-track mind now. 4. I used to be angry with my friend because she always cover hers tracks. Correction: I used to be angry with my friend because she always covered her tracks. - This is a little confusing, but people will probably guess that you are trying to say that your friend lies a lot and always tries to hide them. Is that what you mean? 5. I woke up late on sunday but I did my activities back on track anyaway. Correction: I woke up late on Sunday but I got back on track with my activities anyway. (Or Michael's correction is good too!) - We capitalize the first letter of days of the week (Sunday, Monday, Tuesday ...), unlike Spanish. I hope that helps! Let me know if anything I said was confusing :)
8 de Junho de 2015
I was accepted last week and I am going to move to Mexico City on August, 4th. - because you have a specific date, we say "on". If you had just said "August" you could have used "in" as in "in August" ..a Jhon Newman song ..she always covered her tracks I woke up late on Sunday but I got back on track and did my activities anyway.
7 de Junho de 2015
Carmen