최명수
About taking someone to somewhere! Hello ! I am a learner of English. So, when I studied English with drama from U.S, I found some sentence which confuse me. " Take your brother to the park with you" and "Take your brother to the park" Could I know what is difference between these things? If you answer it, I will really appreciate it!
5
0
If I say 'Take your brother to the park with you', it implies that you had already been planning to go to the park, either alone or with other people. I'm asking you to include your brother in your intended trip to the park. If I say "Take your brother to the park" it could have the above meaning. Or it could mean that you hadn't actually been planning to go to the park, and that I am asking you to go there for the purpose of taking your brother out.
'with you' implies you are going already, with or without your brother, so it is just an order to take him along. The second one is an order to take him to the park, whether you planned to go or not!
최명수