Alfredo Mora
In how many ways I can use the "ING" termination?
4
1
The -ing forms of verbs include: 1 PRESENT PROGRESSIVE TENSE (also called Present Continuous Tense) infinitive: to add I am adding / You are adding / He/she/it is adding We are adding / You are adding / They are adding 2 PAST PROGRESSIVE TENSE (also called Past Continuous Tense) I was adding / You were adding / He/she/it was adding We were adding / You were adding / They were adding 3 PRESENT PERFECT PROGRESSIVE TENSE (also called Present Perfect Continuous Tense) / infinitive: to add I have been adding / You have been adding / He/she/it has been adding We have been adding / You have been adding / They have been adding 4 PAST PERFECT PROGRESSIVE TENSE (also called past perfect continuous tense) I had been adding / You had been adding / He/she/it had been adding We had been adding / You had been adding / They had been adding 5 FUTURE PROGRESSIVE TENSE (also called future progressive tense) I will be adding / You will be adding / He/she/it will be adding We will be adding / You will be adding / They will be adding There is also one more progressive tense called the Future Progressive Tense, e.g., I will be adding, etc, BUT this tense is not used very often because it is too advanced.
The -ing ending can also be used to make adjectives, e.g., interesting, confusing, increasing, etc. The -ing ending is also added to nouns to form Gerunds, e.g., cooking, swimming, studying. You can see good explanations from the internet for "adjectives ending in -ing" and "gerunds".
Alfredo Mora