maede
what is difference between hiragana and katakana letters? for example dirty or kitanai is written in both katakana and hiragana what's difference?
2
0
I agree with Ryokoさん. She wrote " Some use katakana to emphasize(←emfasize) the words or other reasons ". Yes. It's true. You(maede) don't show us the true/concrete sentence(especially キタナイ), so we have to guess the reason why katakana was used there. I guess that it is to emphasize the dirtiness(キタナイ=とてもきたないvery dirty). We also use katakana to distinct from a usual meaning. 1.これをうまくやるにはコツがいります。You need a knack/technique to do it. The kanji of コツ is 骨(born)<音読みsound from Chinese is 「こつ」、訓読みJapanese translation is 「ほね」>. But the meaning of コツ here is "knack/technique". So we usually use katakana. 2.そこがミソです。That's the key/main point. The kanji of ミソ is 味噌(soy bean paste). But the meaning of ミソ here is "key/main point". So we usually use katakana.
The basically rule is that katakana should be used for the words and names which came to other languages except some. In the formal situation, we have to use kanji and hiragana which is called okurigana, 汚い. For small childrends, we use hiragana. However, in the casual situation, there aren't specific rules, especially, in anime, manga, text messages between close people, etc. Some use katakana to emfasize the words or other reasons, or simply they want to use katakana but we all know the situation where we shouldn't write in this way. So, I don't recommend the beginners to use katakana for the Japanese words. I hope you are clear now.
maede
Japanese, Persian (Farsi)
Japanese