Gil-seop
How can I use "also" naturally? "I probably don't deserve to evaluate the movie because I didn't read the original comic books. Like many others, I'm also not a good judge of movies." "Recently, one of my language exchange partners corrected my post. Since he gave me explanations in Korean, I also left a comment in Korean to show my gratitude." These two sentences above are from my different entries. I meant "too" with "also" like these: "I'm not a good judge of movies, too." "I left a comment in Korean to show my gratitude, too." However, my correcters removed all the "also"s here. I'm confused.. What makes you think that it should be removed?
8
0
In the first sentence, the corrector removed the 'too' because the sentence is grammatically wrong. You cannot say "I'm not a good judge of movies, too." You can only use 'too' with an affirmative sentence. Because this sentence is negative, it should be: "I'm not a good judge of movies, either". For the second one, we need more context to know why the 'too' was removed.
To me, your second example is OK: "I left a comment in Korean to show my gratitude, too." It's not very formal, but it is OK. The first one is not correct, as it is in a negative sentence. In that case 'too' should be replaced with 'either'. "I'm not a good judge of movies, either." The quality of correctors here does vary!
Gil-seop