Omar
Difference between the words "Troubles" and "Problems" When use troubles, when use problems
10
0
In American English, we usually use problems not troubles. We use the word trouble (singular) a lot as in , "Oh it is too much trouble to try to get the party together on such short notice. Also "Watch out for that girl. She means trouble." (you will have problems if you have anything to do with her) There is an old song, "Old Man River", where a lyric says, "Nobody knows the troubles I've seen." In everyday language , we would say, "Nobody knows all of the problems I have had." To me, troubles is an old-fashioned way to say problems. "
A "problem" is a specific difficulty that can be solved. "Trouble" means a generally bad situation. "My problem is that I can't see anything in this dark corner." "Here, borrow my flashlight." "I dented my father's car." "Oh, boy, are you in trouble now." "When I read the news, I feel troubled by all of the problems there are in the world."
since i was styuding , trouble is uncountable and problem is countable, we can say: -Do you have many problem? or also Do you I have many trouble? or the correct would be.Do you have much trouble?
Most of the time, you would use "problems". "Troubles" can sound old-fashioned, most people don't use it anymore. "Problems" also can apply to more situations. "Troubles" is more serious, while "problems" can refer to everyday situations.
Omar
Catalan, English, German, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish
Catalan, English, German, Portuguese, Russian