Iris
Could you explain that eye movement, please? Her eyes jolted back and forth across the horizon. (The dictionary says "move suddenly and roughly", but I can't imagine what it's like.)
10 มิ.ย. 2015 เวลา 5:28
4
0
I agree with you that this is hard to imagine, because 'jolt' is rather an odd verb to use with reference to eye movements. To 'jolt' is a sudden rough jerking movement which shocks, disturbs or surprises you, for example, if a vehicle has to stop suddenly. It doesn't make a lot of sense for an eye to make a jolting movement. The usual collocation is 'Her eyes darted back and forth'. 'Dart' is a quick, smooth action, like bird or fish might make, and is more suitable for eye movements.
10 มิถุนายน 2015
It's as if she were looking back and forth across the horizon quickly and suddenly. I don't know the story plot, but was she looking for something?
10 มิถุนายน 2015
Iris