Mun Hwan
I did a little translation. Evaluation and feedbacks needed. Hello, I am working on my translation skills. I am translating Korean texts into English ones. Since not many can't read the Korean text, I simply want to know if the English text I came with is grammatically and semantically sound. Here it is: The security environment of the world has become more complicated due to the traditional military threats and the continuous rise of the transnational and non-military threats as well as the prolonged economic crisis of the world. In such an environment, states strengthened their national security, while simultaneously taking part in the efforts of the international community for maintaining peace and stability. In fact, while cooperating with one another, states also hold one another in check.This is the professional translation: Today’s global security environment is becoming ever more complex with the continued presence of traditional military threats coupled with an increase of transnational and non-military threats, against the backdrop of a prolonged global economic downturn. In such an environment, states are strengthening their national security while simultaneously supporting inter- national efforts towards peace and stability. In fact, they are cooperating with other states but at the same time treating them as competitors.
3
0
A few small changes: The security environment of the world has become more complicated due to traditional military threats, the continuous rise of transnational and non-military threats, as well as the prolonged economic crisis in the world. In such an environment, states have strengthened their national security, while simultaneously taking part in the efforts of the international community to maintain peace and stability. In fact, while cooperating with one another, states also hold one another in check. Your mistakes related to "the", and the use of the present perfect. One extra "and". Very good. Better to ask for this kind of help on "Notebook" because there is a text editor which allows us to see changes.
Sounds good to me C: I can't pick up any mistakes.
Mun Hwan
English, French, German, Korean, Latvian, Luxembourgish, Polish, Russian
English, French, German, Latvian