Cristiana
How do I improve my English speaking skills in a very short time?
11
0
Speak to someone who speaks English!
Lisbon and the surrounding area has always had a large ex-patriot British population, especially along the coast towards Estoril and Cascais. Perhaps you could try to get in touch with some of these people and set up a conversation exchange? They might be glad of a chance to brush up on their Portuguese.
you need to talk 24 hr a day with English speakers. I am sure you are talkative person.
The reality is that language learning is a fairly slow process. However, most people have a lot of passive knowledge built up, and it is possible to activate this in not too much time. Focus on the types of conversations you're likely to have over and over, and make sure you really master those topics. And when someone asks a question, be sure to answer in as much detail as possible- this will give you confidence and show your partner that you understand the language! I really recommend the book "How to Improve Your Foreign Language Immediately" by Boris Shekhtman if you're interested in these techniques, it really helped me.
Dear Please read the follwoing paragraph from one beautiful english learning website. My first piece of advice is not to get too hung up on trying to sound like a native speaker. Would you start learning the piano in an attempt to sound like Mozart? The first rule of speaking English is to learn to speak clearly and concisely and remember you won't just be speaking to native speakers: There are roughly 380 million native speakers out there, but as many as a billion people speak English as a second language, you do the math. - See more at: http://www.learnenglish.de/improveenglish/improvespeakingpage.html#sthash.GFUKNPKv.dpuf
Cristiana
English, French, Portuguese, Spanish, Swedish
English, French, Spanish, Swedish