Daniel
Trigger, provoke and bring about Hello! The above words mean practically the same, but can anybody explain to me the nuances of them? Thanks in advance. Daniel.
3
0
A gang of youths were swearing at a police officer and throwing stones. They were trying to provoke him to retaliate. The police officer beat one of the youths so badly he ended up in hospital. This was the trigger for several days of rioting in the area. The high tension in that area of the city had been brought about by the mayor's decision to increase police patrols during the religious festival.
He triggered the reaction by adding the chemical to the mixture My teacher used harsh words on purpose to provoke me into doing something stupid. The lack of food brought about the end of the war / This man will bring about a revolution with his words
Daniel