Wu Ting
How would you interpret “run in the Popular Fiction Group” here? Infuriating telephone conversation with Lincoln Barnes. Say, did you ever think of doing short pieces? The kind of thing they run in the Popular Fiction Group? Pulp stories. I asked him why. “Oh, just wondering.” My opinion of those stories, which I shared with Lincoln Barnes, is that they are all written by one person using a hundred different pseudonyms. Her real name might be Harriet Wheeler. She eats nothing but chocolates and lives in one of the upstairs rooms at the Grove Park. How would you interpret “run in the Popular Fiction Group” here? PS: the narrator was a novelist and Lincoln Barnes was his editor. Thanks. And this excerpt is taken from The Lacuna by Kingsolver.
1
0
Run in this context would mean print, so "The kind of thing they print in the Popular Fiction Group?" would have equivalent meaning. You could also use "publish" or "show". :)
Wu Ting