Nicole
您贵姓? Is this truly used or is this a textbook phrase? So I know this is a very 初级 question, but I was wondering if culturally 您贵姓was actually used often when meeting someone? Do you ever drop the formality if it is a casual introduction and as 你贵姓 or 你姓什么? I know there are textbook phrases that are technically correct but not culturally used often. Like the textbook dialogue in English: “How are you?" "I am fine, thank you, and you?" How would a typical casual introduction REALLY sound? Thanks so much!
12 июня 2015 г., 0:18
6
0
"您贵姓?" is truly used in daily life to show your respect for someone. If you want to know what someone's surname is, you can ask"你姓什么?"directly. For example,a teacher meets a student for the first time, maybe he will ask the student"你姓什么?". However, just like Henry Alejandro said, in Starbucks,waiters should behave politely and show their respect to customers, so he said"您贵姓?". We can also say "请问您贵姓?“to stress your respect and politeness.
12 июня 2015 г.
"您贵姓" is sometimes used in daily life when you meet someone strange and want to know what is his or her last name.If his or her last name is "张",then you can call him or her "张先生" or "张女士".This is the expression represents politeness and respect used in formal occasions or someone is elder.Because "您" is a honorific appellation to elders or used in formal occasions and sentences.In casual occasions you can say "你姓什么" for last name and "你叫什么" for full name.In addition,you also can use "怎么称呼您" just like "how can i address you?".So "您贵姓" is truly used in daily life. Good luck !!
12 июня 2015 г.
你贵姓,在中国来说是初次见面的尊称!因为中国人的隐私习惯,很多人在第一次见面的时候都是只报姓而不报名字的。这个句话在中国很多场合都在用的。
12 июня 2015 г.
Hi.您贵姓is a politeness language in China.We usually use it in bussiness,or we use it when we talk with elder or guest.Besides,you can see it when you watch Chinese costume drama.But,we dont use it normally.We say 你叫什么名字 .你姓什么 just is asking your last name,你叫什么名字 is asking your full name.I hope this can help you.
12 июня 2015 г.
you must know that in starbucks in China, they ask you your last name to call you when the order is done. Last week I went to Starbucks and I order something, after I payed the tender ask me 请问你贵姓? and I said... 不好意思贵姓是什么 ò__ó My meaning is... I'm living quite long time in China and that expression is neeeever used in daily life, so when I eared it in a real situation I didn't understand it. However, the "贵 something" is very often used, means is something valuable. Speaking like that is very polite so it's worthy to learn it.
12 июня 2015 г.
Nicole
Chinese (Mandarin)