Antonia
How do you use 就 correctly in a sentence and why is it used? I've been really unsure of how to use 就 correctly in a sentence for a while now, and I'm not quite sure of the meaning either. I just can't seem to understand!
12 มิ.ย. 2015 เวลา 8:56
6
0
lol, my answer is too long and beyond italki's word limits, so I'll divide it into several parts and write the rest of them in my comment. 就 is a key auxiliary word used very commonly in daily conversations, it is both very significant and complex for learners. Accurate and agile use of 就 can make your sentences much more natural. Here I summed up its usages for you from a professional dictionary, and in company I'll make some sample sentences. 1. used as a preposition 1) according to, from. Often used in the form 就...(来)看 E.g. 就他所说的话来看 - ACCORDING TO/FROM what he says, ... 2) a modal particle, means "just","simply", similar to 偏偏 and 非要. E.g. 1.你不让我做,我就要做! - You asked me not to do it, I will SIMPLY/JUST do it! 2.我就是想学钢琴,哪怕父母不支持。 - I SIMPLY/JUST want to learn piano, even my parents don't support me. 2. used as an adverb 1) right away, right now, coming soon. 立刻、马上 E.g. 火车就要来了 - The train will be arriving SOON/RIGHT AWAY. 2) often used in structure 一...就, means "as soon as". E.g. 他一放学就去图书馆了。 - He went to the library AS SOON AS he left school. It can also be used independently, indicates that after something happened, another thing will happen in a very short time. E.g 别着急,老师回答完他的问题就会来回答你的。 - Don't worry, when the teacher has answered his question, he will answer yours immediately. 3) similar to some usages of the word 'just'. E.g.1.老师就在后面,别讲话了! - The teacher is JUST/RIGHT behind us, stop talking! (here it emphasizes the truth is just like this) 2. 雨今天早上就停了。 - The rain JUST stopped this morning. (here it is similar to 'as early as') 3.就在这个时候,... - JUST at this moment, ... 4) only,just 只、仅仅. E.g. 这里就剩下你一个吗? - Is here ONLY/JUST you left? 5) used in front of a verb, indicates that without something, there can be no... E.g. 不学习就无法取得进步. - Without study, you can gain no progress.
12 มิถุนายน 2015
There are too many meanings,you can learn it one by one through the examples.
14 มิถุนายน 2015
Hawaii'explanation is excellent!! 就 is a complicated word in Chinese because you can use it in so many ways, take your time to be familiar with it
13 มิถุนายน 2015
就is meaning just or only.
12 มิถุนายน 2015
Antonia
Chinese (Mandarin), English, Japanese, Korean
Chinese (Mandarin), Japanese, Korean