Kelly Xu
bugger the social niceties?? ‘Scwachkoft,’ Narov’s voice softened a little. ‘It is as I said after we nearly died in the freefall: you need to learn to trust your team. And you know something: by your example, you have earned the right to lead. You have earned it. Prove that you are worthy of our belief; our trust in you.’ What was it about this woman, Jaeger wondered? How was it that with a few sentences she could get so deep beneath his skin? She had a way of speaking that went direct to the heart of the matter, and bugger the social niceties. Jaeger glanced around his team. ‘And the rest of you?’ ‘It’s easy.’ James shrugged. ‘Hold a vote. Those who want to go, get to go. Those who don’t stay behind.’ I would like to know what does "bugger the social niceties" here mean. Thanks.
8
0
It means - "to hell with being polite" "I don't care about being polite" "Bugger" is rude. The word "bugger" (as a swearword) is definitely used in Britain and I think also Australia, but I don't think in the USA. Perhaps others can confirm.
It means to skip the diplomatic language and get straight to the point.
Kelly Xu