Karla Soares
What are the main verbs in English? Estou aprendendo Inglês e gostaria de saber a opinião de vocês :)
7
0
"To be", "to do", "will"/"shall" and "to have" are auxiliary verbs that are necessary for the formation of certain tenses, so they're absolutely vital. "Can", "must", "might", "should", "may" and "could" are also very common auxiliary verbs. "To make", "to take", "to get", "to need", "to let", "to give" are very common verbs that can have different meanings in different contexts. Some other common verbs are: -To say -To go -To come -To tell -To want -To like -To ask -To see -To think -To use -To try -To put -To stay -To hear -To listen -To write -To run -To manage Many of these words have multiple meanings, and most can also form various phrasal verbs which have additional meanings.
I bought a book for my grandson, which says it is a "ready to read--preschool" level--for children who are just beginning to read. It's entitled "Drop it, Rocket!" It contains these verbs: drop, love, find, ask, say, is, like, will ("Rocket will not drop it"), have. "Rocket's 100th Day of School" also contains these: need, keep, put, help, write, give, go, run, count, eat, follow, make.
Thank you my love
In order to get further details about the answer you are looking for, I think this link would be very helpful. http://www.learnenglish.de/grammar/verbmain.html
Karla Soares
English, Portuguese, Spanish