Abood ^^
What is the difference between "Only" and "Just"?? *Give examples *How to use it before or after noun
1
0
Just The word “just” has several possible definitions: 1) Recently Be careful – I just washed the floor, and it’s still wet. (= I washed the floor a few minutes ago) He just finished a big project. (= he finished the project very recently) 2) Only I have just one brother. (= I have only one brother) I thought you were hungry, but you ate just half of your sandwich. (= you ate only half of your sandwich, and no more) Only The word “only” can be replaced with “just” in most situations: Only two students came to class on the day before Christmas. = Just two students came to class on the day before Christmas. My kids only use the internet for schoolwork, not for playing games. = My kids just use the internet for schoolwork, not for playing games. In the expression “If only…” you can use “just” if you change the structure a little bit: If only I had studied harder. I would’ve passed the test. = If I had just studied harder, I would’ve passed the test.
Abood ^^
Arabic, English, Spanish