Anh
Can someone help me with this question please : we use but to me or but for me My teacher once said to me that we used but to me in the essay, but i do see a lot of time people using but for me instead of using but to me. Can anyone help me, thank you
2
0
This is a bit hard to answer without any context, but I'll try my best. As far as I can tell, we use whichever preposition we would normally use. "It may be easy for you, but for me, it's hard." ("It's hard for me.") "He thinks it's fun, but to me, it seems stupid." ("It seems stupid to me.") "She's nice in his presence, but around me, she's mean." ("She's mean around me.") Etc. I hope I answered your question correctly. :)
Hi Anh, great question :) I would use both: Some people say....but to me it seems..... Some people say....but for me it seems...... Both :) Liam
Anh
English, Japanese, Vietnamese