Community Web Version Now Available
overview .outline How can we refer to a page in a book in which they show the main points to be dealt with in it, sort of main topics so that you gave an idea what you are about to read.? Is it an overview page? Thanks
Jun 14, 2015 9:34 PM
Answers · 1
If you mean the page at the very start of the book containing a list of all the chapters and sub-chapters we call it the 'contents page' or a 'table of contents'. Contents page is a more relaxed way of saying it. In text books you often get a list of learning objectives at the start of every chapter e.g 'By the end of this chapter you should be able to...' which is then followed by a list of bullet points . It would be appropriate to call something like this an overview or an outline.
June 14, 2015
Language Skills
English, Spanish
Learning Language