Diamond
Uppercase I know that it is one of the words that we use to talk about common internet symbols. But I heard a teacher use it in class to talk about students' wrtings on papers "there was no Internet and no computers". She used it when talking about capital letters. Is it true that the word "uppercase" can be used in class where there was no technology to talk about capital letters? Thank you!
15 de Jun de 2015 às 19:13
5
0
I'm not sure what you mean about uppercase to mean common internet symbols. I have only heard 'uppercase' used to mean 'capital letters'. The term uppercase originally came from typewriters when the capitals were in a different place on the typewriter, above the small letters (hence uppercase and lowercase). However nowadays uppercase and capital letters are completely interchangeable as terms. Upper case (or capital letters): A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V X Y Z Lower case (or small letters): a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
15 de Junho de 2015
Diamond
Arabic, English, French