Hamed
Are these sentences correct? - When you finish this book, move on to another book. - When you finished this book, move on to another book. - When you finished with this book, move on to another book. - When you've finished with this book, move on to another book. Would you please tell me how I can say that sentence in a natural way? And I don't know if the term 'Move on' is correct in that context or not. Can we say: 'Go for another book'? / 'Go to another book'?
3
0
1) Correct but it sounds very, very awkward because you have repeated the noun twice. If we know what the noun is from earlier in the sentence we can switch to a pronoun. When you finish this book, move on to another one. 2) Not correct. Should be 'When you have finished/when you've finished this book, move on to another one.' 3) Again not correct, it's the same mistake. When you have/when you've finished with this book, move on to another one. 4) Correct, again apart from the awkwardness with the repeated noun When you've finished with this book, move on to another one. 'To move' on is absolutely fine as a verb choice.
Hamed
English, Persian (Farsi)