bnpl
Description of Forms of Transport I’d like to say something about forms of transport. Can someone please tell me which ones of the following two pairs of sentences are correct? Please kindly let me know (with explanation) if there are any other mistakes. Thank you in advance! 1a) Buses are a cheap but rather slow form of transport. 1b) The bus is -ditto-. 2a) MTR is / are a rather expensive but fast form of transport. 2b) The MTR is / are -ditto-.
4
0
These are all correct and sound natural: 1a) Buses are a cheap but rather slow form of transport. 1b) The bus is a cheap but rather slow form of transport. 2a) MTR is a rather expensive but fast form of transport. ...or at least they would in the UK. In the US, where I live, we only use the word "transport" as a verb, and instead use the word "transportation" to refer to busses, etc. So in the US, the correct sentences would be: 1a) Buses are a cheap but rather slow form of transportation. 1b) The bus is a cheap but rather slow form of transportation. 2a) MTR is a rather expensive but fast form of transportation.
bnpl
Chinese (Mandarin), Chinese (Cantonese), English