Michael King
"I'm never going (to go) there again" hello all, (I'm not sure if I just posted this question or not, but I'm going to post it again just in case; my apologies if this is a repeat). I recently learned the structure Subject + 再也不 + Verb + Object + 了 to express that something will never happen again; for example, 昨天 晚上 太 丢脸 了,我 再也不 喝 酒 了. Using this structure, I tried to write "I'm never going to go there again" in the following way: 我再也不去那儿了; however, when I asked my friend to proofread it, she told me that she would write it like this: 我不会再去那儿。Is my way wrong, or are these simply two different ways of saying the same thing? what is the difference between the two sentences? Thanks, Michael King
6
0
In fact, you are right about that. Both structures work in the same way. Plus, I am wondering where your friend are from since , as you might know, China is really huge and it may just the residents in his area don't speak that way. As far as I'm concerned, your expression is the better choice for that meaning
They are just two different ways of expressing similar things. 我不会再去那儿。 - I won't go there again. 我再也不会去那儿了。 - I am not going to that place any more./ I will never go there again. So as you can see, the latter sentence has a higher degree in emotion than the former one.
What is your gut telling you? I think your expression is more native. I would say the same thing as you. And maybe there's the slight difference between these two sentences: 我不会再去那儿了: A statement. Just a satement. 我再也不会去那儿了:A statement with emotions.
Michael King
Chinese (Mandarin), English, Portuguese, Spanish
Chinese (Mandarin), Portuguese