Forrest
Do any langauges that use Arabic script write with vowels? I have heard that Arabic does not use vowels in its' written form? Can anyone enlighten me on this matter? Thanks!!!!!!!! eg. Urdu, Farsi, Dari etc..
4
0
Not true what you've heard, haters told you that :D We have 3 vowels,, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7uCDeRSy-Zg We use them in writing as well as speaking,, About same script, I can notice some letters in Urdu, Farsi "Persian", Pashto, Dari,.. look like arabic letters but for example when I read the word, it's not arabic word and doesn't make sense. Some letters are close to arabic letters but not totally the same in the way we write, and some letters are the same in writing. Also,I don't know if they have the same pronounciation for these letters or not.. as I told you before, different languages. You are welcome at anytime.
Hey Ahmad, thank you for the information!! I have heard that Arabic does not use vowels in its' writing, is this true? I am curious if the other langauges that use the same script, but are different languages, use vowels when writing, or if it is the alphabet itself that lends to not using vowels when writing. Thank you again for your time.
Urdu, Farsi, Dari etc are not Arabic's dialects. They are different languages. There are many dialects in Arabic: Egyptian, Hijazi "Arab Gulf countries", Shami "Lebanon,Jordan, Palestine and Syria", Libyan, Algerian, Tunisian and Moroccan. They differ in pronunciation for letters, words and idioms. Standard Arabic or Academic "Fusha" is used in books, newspapers, etc. All arabs understand it, otherwise it's not used in speaking.
Forrest
English, French, Spanish
Spanish