SOFFY
Possessive adjectives for "people, Family and group" I'm confused about using the correct possessive adjectives for people, family and group... it's correct to say: 1) People wash their hands before eating their meal. Is the answer THEIR or HIS? 2) Before all family washes his OR their hands for meal, they spread the table. 3) After my favorite music group of U2 sings, I go for their autographs.
2
0
'Their' is correct for all of your examples! Whenever you're talking about more than one person, you use the plural form (they, them, their). You would only say 'his' if you were talking about one male.
"People" is plural so you should use "their". "Before all family washes his OR their hands for meal, they spread the table." This sentence should be "Before all of the family wash their hands for the meal, they set the table." The word "all" is plural so use "their". In the last case, group is singular, but it is understood that you are talking about the members (plural) of the group, so you should use "their autographs"
SOFFY
English, Italian, Spanish
English, Italian